Solutions iT is an Information Technology company based in Oregon. Our team is dedicated to providing stress-free IT solutions and offers a variety of services for small to medium-sized businesses. Focused on being a close-knit team environment and structure, we operate by these core values:
- Passion – Do what you love, love what you do.
- Poise – Be balanced, grounded, and ready for action
- Ownership – See it through
- Humility – Embrace your strengths and weaknesses
- Simplicity – Don’t overthink it
- Integrity – Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Flight annual membership reimbursement, Gym/Health Club membership reimbursement, paid holidays, a generous PTO package, and work from home options. We equip our staff with the best tools and equipment to be successful and thrive, and provide unique attention to helping our team members grow.
We are currently accepting applications for an IT Technician. Candidates for this full-time position must reside in Oregon, Alaska, or Missouri. This will be a remote work from home role. This position is responsible for the maintenance and installation of business customer networks and technology environments both remote and onsite. The following Job Duties are a representation but are not limited to, tasks performed in this role:
- Supports end user customers via phone, remote session, and onsite for any technology issues as required.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and implements customer networks, servers and other technology equipment as required.
- Provides resolution for escalated service tickets.
- Works with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems.
- Troubleshoots all aspects of network performance.
- Configures and supports internal and external networks.
- Maintains documentation, time, and completes notes on work performed and changes to client systems.
- Works with client to ensure all work is completed to the client’s satisfaction.
- Assists Sr. Engineers on larger projects when needed.
- Configures standard POP, SMTP & Exchange clients including Outlook.
- Understands and has the ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware.
- Performs administration work including adding and removing users and groups, configures file permissions, checks event logs, configures and restores data from backup.
- Administers enterprise e-mail application.
- Configures folder permissions.
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution.
- Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, the quality of work performed.
- Takes ownership of technical projects.
- Pays close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks.
- Recognizes when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members.
- Provides accurate time estimates for how long a task will take.
- Learns new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition.
- Articulates technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people.
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution.
- Self-motivates and can be self-directed.
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and/or two to four year(s) related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working at/in/for: IT networks and systems, advanced network environments, Microsoft server environments is preferred.
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider preferred.
- Certificates in MCSA, CCNA, Network+, Security+ is preferred.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
- Must display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Must be adept at using various applications including PSA systems, database, spreadsheet, project management, word processing, e-mail communication, video conferencing, and use of scheduling software.
- Must be able to work from home efficiently and effectively.
- Must reside in the state of Oregon, Alaska, or Missouri.
- Must be willing to travel to client and other sites when needed.
For consideration, submit your resume and cover letter showing relevant experience and real salary requirements. Submittals not meeting these requirements will not be considered. Must be physically located in the state of Oregon, Alaska, or Missouri to be considered for this position.
Solutions iT is an EEO employer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is the policy of Solutions IT to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including upgrading, promotion and training and to administer the activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status unless it is a bona fide occupational requirement reasonably necessary to the operation of our business. The company will make reasonable accommodation in the application, if needed.